Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Loyal Huggies Fan Reconsiders

I was at the gym today when this commercial caught my eye. Luvs has a whole series of these amusingly true "first kid/second kid" TV ads. Jezebel liked it last summer. AdWeek approved. Of course a whole lot of other viewers and critics were offended. We're pretty committed to Huggies Lil Movers here, but I am awfully tempted to show Luvs some love, now that I've finally caught up with the ad that made a big splash last summer. (What else did I miss last summer when I was moving across the country? The Magic Mike phenomenon. Well, I finally caught up with that last weekend, too. How I value my new colleagues.)

Incidentally, the best advice I heard as a new mom was to "raise your second child first." We're working on that. I never wasted money on a hooter-hider or bothered to drape, except in the presence of my grandfather or my Russian FIL. Breastfeeding in public should not be taboo.

I wish I knew how to hyperlink this image!

1 comment:

Patti Auburn said...

You're in luck, the image hyper-linked itself. How does it know?
(missing you)